All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Brian Stirling on Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:13 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
Member #:00446
I've had BB on my older laptop for 2.5 years and made the mistake of doing an update to it and now it wants me to fork over money for the update.  I didn't remember the one year free update policy and there was no warning that updating would bork my current install -- just checking for bug fix updates as I do with many programs.

So, any idea on how I can revert to the old program as I have no plans of updating ($) the old laptop.

Brian

by Dave Courtenay on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:11 pm
Dave Courtenay
Forum Contributor
You should be able to go onto their website and download an older version as long you have your serial number

Dave
http://www.wildlifeinfocus.com

A Brit-A Broad

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:14 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Look in your downloads folder on your system. the last version should be there and you can just re-install that.

by Brian Stirling on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:58 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
Member #:00446
E.J. Peiker wrote:Look in your downloads folder on your system.  the last version should be there and you can just re-install that.
Thanks EJ.  I first looked in my download folder but there were no files older than mid 2014.  I then checked an archival folder for program downloads and sure enough it was there.  Installed and now it works.

It bothers me that there was no warning when downloading or installing that my free updates had expired.  My sense is this is a conscious decision on there part to compel reupping ($).

Again, thanks for the tip...

Brian

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:15 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Are you sure or maybe did you jsut miss the warning because I recently updated mine and it did tell me that I would need to purchase a new copy prior to downloading.

5 posts |