All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by Brian Stirling on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:01 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
Member #:00446
I ordered a Dell M3800 laptop and also the [font='Trebuchet MS', 'Meiryo UI Reg', 'メイリオ Reg', 'MS UI Gothic Reg', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Reg', 'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3 Reg', 'Microsoft YaHei', 微软雅黑, 'Hiragino Sans GB', 'Microsoft JhengHei', 微軟正黑體, 'Malgun Gothic', Gulim, Tahoma, 'Arial Unicode', sans-serif]Dell UltraSharp 24 Ultra HD Monitor and, for calibration, the [/font][font='Trebuchet MS', 'Meiryo UI Reg', 'メイリオ Reg', 'MS UI Gothic Reg', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Reg', 'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3 Reg', 'Microsoft YaHei', 微软雅黑, 'Hiragino Sans GB', 'Microsoft JhengHei', 微軟正黑體, 'Malgun Gothic', Gulim, Tahoma, 'Arial Unicode', sans-serif]X-Rite i1Display Pro.  Now, my question is, how do I calibrate both the laptop display AND the external monitor?  As I understand it the colorimiter will generate a color profile, but with two different displays I'd need two different profiles and a means of selecting which profile is active.  How are people doing this?[/font]

[font='Trebuchet MS', 'Meiryo UI Reg', 'メイリオ Reg', 'MS UI Gothic Reg', 'Hiragino Kaku Gothic Reg', 'ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3 Reg', 'Microsoft YaHei', 微软雅黑, 'Hiragino Sans GB', 'Microsoft JhengHei', 微軟正黑體, 'Malgun Gothic', Gulim, Tahoma, 'Arial Unicode', sans-serif]I should mention the M3800 will be running Win7 Pro and that it has the 4K display.  IN addition, the external monitor is also 4K and will be connected to the M3800 via DisplayPort.[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS, Meiryo UI Reg, メイリオ Reg, MS UI Gothic Reg, Hiragino Kaku Gothic Reg, ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3 Reg, Microsoft YaHei, 微软雅黑, Hiragino Sans GB, Microsoft JhengHei, 微軟正黑體, Malgun Gothic, Gulim, Tahoma, Arial Unicode, sans-serif]I've never used an external monitor before so I haven't had this issue before.  I suspect the thing would be to give a unique name to each profile and then switch out as needed but any pointers here would be appreciated.[/font]

[font=Trebuchet MS, Meiryo UI Reg, メイリオ Reg, MS UI Gothic Reg, Hiragino Kaku Gothic Reg, ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3 Reg, Microsoft YaHei, 微软雅黑, Hiragino Sans GB, Microsoft JhengHei, 微軟正黑體, Malgun Gothic, Gulim, Tahoma, Arial Unicode, sans-serif]Brian[/font]

Last edited by Brian Stirling on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:10 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
This will help to clear the clutter in your post:

http://www.naturescapes.net/forums/view ... 7&t=246639

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Brian Stirling on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:16 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
WOW, what the heck happened with this post?

Brian

by Brian Stirling on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:20 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
SantaFeJoe wrote:This will help to clear the clutter in your post:

http://www.naturescapes.net/forums/view ... 7&t=246639

Joe
As best I can tell I had no formatting tags whatsoever.  I certainly added none...

Brian

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:47 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Did you happen to "copy and paste" from somewhere else, e.g. another forum? That's when it seems to happen.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:23 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Brian Sterling asked   
 "I ordered a Dell M3800 laptop and also the Dell UltraSharp 24 Ultra HD Monitor and, for calibration, the X-Rite i1Display Pro.  Now, my question is, how do I calibrate both the laptop display AND the external monitor?  As I understand it the colorimiter will generate a color profile, but with two different displays I'd need two different profiles and a means of selecting which profile is active.  How are people doing this?

I should mention the M3800 will be running Win7 Pro and that it has the 4K display.  IN addition, the external monitor is also 4K and will be connected to the M3800 via DisplayPort.

I've never used an external monitor before so I haven't had this issue before.  I suspect the thing would be to give a unique name to each profile and then switch out as needed but any pointers here would be appreciated."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this works to clear up your post.

Joe

by Brian Stirling on Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:23 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
Thanks Joe

Brian

7 posts |