Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by monik on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:47 am
monik
Forum Contributor
My 16 bit bridge cs3 files now automatically open as 8 bit files in photoshop, what should I alter to keep 16 bit?

Thanks,

Monique

by dbostedo on Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:55 am
dbostedo
Forum Contributor
Monik - Are you going through ACR first? Or opening directly into PS?

I ask, because if you're opening in ACR, THEN opening in PS, you probably have the ACR conversion settings wrong. There's a "button" at the bottom of ACR (looks like a web hyperlink) that you can click on. It sets the color space, and bit depth among other things. Make sure this is set to 16-bit and the color space that you want.

If you're opening the files directly into PS from Bridge, I don't know how the bit depth could be changing. I don't think there's a setting to force it to 8-bits or anything like that.
David Bostedo
Vienna, VA, USA

by monik on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:15 am
monik
Forum Contributor
Thanks David, you are quite correct, I checked one file which I opened in ACR - this is what I always do first - it was in 8 bit so I changed it. What it means is on installing PSCS3 on my new pc last week it got changed to 8 bit in ACR. I have checked and all my files opening in ACR now show 16 bit at the bottom of the page, one more problem solved.
Monique

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:43 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Nothing is wrong. You reinstalled ACR which put everything back to default settings. Click on the line of information in the bottom center of the ACR window and then change it back to 16 bit.

by monik on Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:40 am
monik
Forum Contributor
Thanks EJ,
I did this but did not know that the default settings were 8 bit hence my query.

Monique

5 posts |