Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by MND on Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:13 pm
MND
Forum Contributor
I'm considering the Wacom Intuos 5 Medium Tablet with the wireless option. I used to use the Intuos 3 until it failed and I never replaced it. Does anyone else have this version and if so what are their views on it?

by signgrap on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:19 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
If the wireless tablet version is similar to a wireless mouse in the way they communicate, than I'd get the wired version; if a high degree of accuracy with no "lag" in response is desired. Almost all gaming mice are wired as they are more accurate/responsive than their wireless brothers.
Dick Ludwig

by MND on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:23 pm
MND
Forum Contributor
Well, obviously not a hot topic. Does anyone use a graphic tablet of any manufacturer? Perhaps there's a better one than the Wacom.

by Jim Neely on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:39 pm
Jim Neely
Regional Moderator
Member #:00100
I have the Wacom 5 wired version, but don't use it much.  I had hoped to use the tablet in lieu of the mouse, but never got comfortable with it.

I use a Logitech wireless keyboard & mouse and don't notice any lag on either device.

jn
[b]Jim Neely - Dripping Springs TX[/b]
jim(at)jneely.net [url=http://www.jneely.net]Jim Neely Nature Photography[/url]

by Royce Howland on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:31 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
I use the Wacom tablet heavily, but wired only and the much older Intuos 3 model like you had before. Mine is still going strong. So I can't speak to a wireless Intuos 5. But like Dick says, I'd not be inclined to use a wireless model. Not sure the mobility convenience would be worth the extra batteries and potential spotty / laggy response.
Royce Howland

by MND on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:26 am
MND
Forum Contributor
Thanks for the info.

by Tom Robbins on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:14 pm
Tom Robbins
Forum Contributor
I've got the medium size wired Intuos 5 and it sees daily use.

About a month ago I bought the Wacom mouse for the tablet as a convenience. It seems a little "jittery" at times where the pointer unexpectedly jumps from one spot on the screen to another. While surfing the web, the scroll bar occasionally jumps around a bit too. On occasion it can become quite a lively situation. Downloaded the latest driver (Win 7) but the issue still exists. Odd that the regular wired mouse and the stylus don't exhibit any such erratic behavior. 

Oh, one other observation regarding the Wacom mouse: it will not work at all when drawing paths in Google Earth. I simply plug in the regular USB mouse and earth returns to normal.

7 posts |