Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Chris B. on Sun May 03, 2015 6:46 am
Chris B.
Forum Contributor
I wanted to pass on some tragic news to readers of this site. Allen Leichter of Allen's Camera passed away suddenly several days ago....

http://www.buckscountycouriertimes.com/ ... 1a578.html

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/philly ... fhid=29542

by George DeCamp on Sun May 03, 2015 6:34 pm
George DeCamp
Lifetime Member
Member #:00147
I saw this news the other day on Facebook, absolutely horrible news. Allen was one of a kind and was a pleasure to Chat with and do business with.

I remember once I needed an item and was leaving for Maui. He actually got it the day I left, called me and shipped it to me there. He always went the extra mile for his customers and was a fun guy and a gentleman. He didn't just try to sell you something, he worked with you to understand what you needed even if it meant no sale for him.

I will miss him!!!!!

by Lee Smith on Mon May 04, 2015 7:12 am
Lee Smith
Forum Contributor
I always called Allen's first when I needed something. Allen became a friend as well as most of his staff. It helped as I live 20 miles away and I would drop in on a long lunch break or on a Saturday morning. He was a real gentleman and a pleasure to talk to and do business with. He was a gem and will be sorely missed.

by Primus on Mon May 04, 2015 8:04 am
Primus
Lifetime Member
Member #:02003
I heard about this two days ago from a friend. Terrible tragedy and sudden at that. I was talking to him just about a month ago when he was helping me with a purchase and then the sale of a difficult item. Always on the ball, quick to respond to your needs, a real gentleman. I started buying from him in 2006 and have never gone elsewhere. We discussed our health problems apart from other things and over the years he became a friend.

Sad loss, he will indeed be missed by many.

Pradeep

by Robert on Mon May 04, 2015 9:33 am
Robert
Forum Contributor
This is sad. My condolences to Allen's family. Most of my current equipment was purchased through Allen's Camera. I don't recall if I had ever spoken directly with Allen, but everyone I dealt with there were great and remembered me as a return customer. They treated me the way they would want to be treated, and I always assumed that was a direct reflection of the owner. Clearly a class guy who did things the right way.

5 posts |