All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by joseph motto on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:42 am
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
I don't believe this subject has been reviewed recently; if so, I can't find it on search. I have used PicturestoExe for quite a few years and am wondering if this is still a top-of-the-line product or whether there are better choices out there. I'd be interested in hearing what others are using and why.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by Ed1946 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:32 am
Ed1946
Forum Contributor
I use Lightroom 5.7 for photo editing and it has a Slideshow module that allows for exporting photos to a movie file that is compatible with Quicktime, Adobe Media Player and Widows Media. Not an .exe file though. Can do 1080 quality. Its part of Lightroom so I don't have to use a separate package to create a slideshow. It also allows for background music that can be adjusted as needed. Other features are also there too but I have not explored them enough to comment. By using the Adobe Create Cloud version I also get updates as they come. For me Lightroom does the job I need and it keeps my work process flow somewhat less complicated by using two or more programs.

by rnclark on Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:35 pm
rnclark
Lifetime Member
Member #:01978
LibreOffice Impress (similar to power point) but free open source.
Roger

by Scott Baxter on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:20 am
Scott Baxter
Forum Contributor
I still use Photodex Proshow Producer.  I have not compared for years but I think it is one of the better ones out there.  ProShow Gold costs less and I think it would do everything most people want to do.  It has an easy learning curve, functionality is very good, and it is efficient.  After I prepare my pictures I can put a good slide show together in about 1 hour or a really good one in about 3 hours.  My slide shows are mostly of kayaking and backpacking trips and stuff like that more than a slide show of serious photography but I think it would work well for that. For my use I compromise the pictures to keep some degree of momentum.  Here is a link to a slide show that gives you a pretty good idea of what you get when you use the automatic wizard that does all of the effects for you and you just need to go back and tweak it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOA67Au ... b7EtpLUHDQ   If I were doing a serious image show I would minimize effects and transitions and slow the pace a little.

by edwardgledson on Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:26 am
edwardgledson
Forum Contributor
Even I use Photodex Proshow Producer, it works better till now. Not decided to change it. 

Last edited by edwardgledson on Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Ed Cordes on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:10 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
I still use Pictures to EXE and like it a lot. To get the really special effects the on line tutorials are necessary. However the results are super.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

6 posts |